OFFICE OF ADMISSIONS
Learn about the requirements necessary to become a student driver with TGA Truck Driving School.
Want to know if you are eligible for admission at TGA? Review our general requirements below. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our admission advisors for assistance.
School Admission Requirements
Show proof of high school completion or its equivalent†
Submit a Driving Record (no more than 30 days old)††
Provide a copy of a Social Security Card (original)
Provide a copy of a valid Drivers License
Submit one (1) of the following identification documents:
• U.S. Birth Certificate;
• Certificate of Naturalization;
• Valid Resident Card, or;
• Valid U.S. Passport or Passport Card
Participate in an interview with an admissions advisor
Meet program specific eligibility requirements and complete an enrollment agreement
†Acceptable alternatives to a high school diploma are a GED, college transcripts, or an ability-to-benefit test administered by a local Amercian Job Center (AJCC) with a 11th grade reading comprehension level or higher.
††Driving records and criminal backgrounds will affect program eligibility if the applicant is seeking financial assistance or job placement assistance at the completion of the program.
Driving Record Admission Requirements
• No DUIs, DWIs, or open containers in the past 5 years
• No delinquent child support payments or any suspensions due to an open child support case
• No license suspensions, for any reason, longer than 12 months.
• No more than 2 moving violations in the past 36 months
• No cell phone tickets
• No driving misdemeanors in the past 36 months
• Criminal backgrounds, such as felonies, will be seen on a case-by-case basis
The school has the right to deny admission to applicants if the admission requirements are not successfully met.